On Sep 16, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Mike Meyer wrote:

Readme.MacOSX refers to
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/lyx-mac-1.3.5-skeleton.tar.gz. That
file doesn't exist - it's actually a .zip file.

This file needs to be updated in at least a couple ways. First, it should be renamed to Install.MacOSX (as with the 1.3.x branch). Second, it should refer not to the ftp server for the LyX/Mac skeleton but to lyx-devel/development/MacOSX/LyX.app. But first, the LyX.app skeleton should actually be placed there! I've attached my most recent version of the LyX/Mac-1.4.0 skeleton to this e-mail, which includes the (crude) Spotlight metadata importer.

(Actually, attaching this file results in the e-mail's being rejected by the mail server. I've posted it at <http://edisk.fandm.edu/ bennett.helm/LyX/LyX.app.zip>.)

Configure ignores (some of) the --datadir, --bindir and --mandir
options.

These should all be replaced with --prefix. (I'm not sure if that fixes the problem below.)

I set them all to
/Users/mwm/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/... to install 1.4.0CVSin
~/Applications, and "make intsall" still installed things in
/Applications.

Bennett