Hello,

last time I checked LyX/Win 1.4-MinGW, it crashed right after the start. The debugger pointed to some gettext-related problem.

Yesterday, I tried to recompile the whole sources and - by accident - I noticed a compiler warning in intl/printf-args.c, line 83. gcc told me that the wrong type of parameter is passed and that the program will stop at run-time if this line of code is reached (no joke).

AFAICS, the sources in ./intl are based on gettext 0.14.1. I looked at the GNU server: version 0.14.5 is available.

I can't tell you right now whether the new version actually fixes the problem but shouldn't we update gettext anyway?

Michael