Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

=> Question: How do I deactivate the line for the current cell?
a.) using the tabular dialog instead of the toolbar
b.) M-x m-toggle-line-top
I am not sure whether the user will actually be aware of these options.

Seriously, your bug report only refers to the tabular toolbar, not the dialog.

Well, the same applies to the menu entries ("Edit" => "Table") which makes things a bit more problematic.

The problem is that the toolbar only has toggle-line-* lfuns, while the (qt) dialog uses the corresponding m-toggle-line-* lfun while being in a multicolumn cell.

I don't know if it is possible to implement such a context sensitive behaviour in the toolbars.
IMHO we should introduce LFUN_M_TOGGLE_OR_TOGGLE_DEPENDING_ON_CONTEXT.

Michael