Luis> JMarc,

Sorry Luis, I forgot to answer.

Luis> You'll find the log below:
>>  The line that is a problem is probably: PYTHON='' whereas I would
>> have liked to see PYTHON=':'
>>
>> I think my version of the automake python macro just does that.
>> What is your version of automake?

Luis> automake 1.7.1, running on mingw/msys, on win98.

I think this is the problem. Automake 1.8 has had fixes for people who
do not have python installed. Do you have the possibility to upgrade?

>>  In the meantime, can you work around the problem by doing make
>> install PYTHON=: ?

Luis> doesn't make sense to me, since the script failing the test is
Luis> ./configure, well before calling make...

Indeed, I missed that.