Martin Vermeer wrote:
> > Sorry for begin so grumpy. I am a bit frustrated that 1.4 never
> > happens and that I have no time to do real work on LyX.
>
> Well yes... 1.4 should really happen soon now. I'm beginning to be
> hopeful: many ugly bugs fixed, speed is coming up to speed...

I think so, too. We really managed to fix some of the most annoying bugs
recently, the 1.4 target list on bugzilla looks not too frustrating, and the
fact that we are getting more bug reports recently is a good sign. People are
beginning to test 1.4 seriously, getting impatient.

> There are only two critical bugs in bugzilla now, both targeting 1.3.

And only two majors (for 1.4), from which for both patches exist (and one is
not even a regression).

I think after those have been fixed, and probably after the speedup aims have
been reached, you could consider a more public beta.

Jürgen