In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bo Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> The last question is that whether or not the developers are required,
> or willing, to please these 'ignorant' windows users....

It doesn't matter whether or not they are willing - they are neither
required nor necessary.

Most of the tools involved are freely redistributable. So use the
Linux model: Let the LyX developers keep doing what they are doing,
while third parties bundle LyX with other tools to create a complete
bundled application. This works for Linux and for Python; it ought to
work for LyX.

So, if you want such a distribution, you should feel free to create
it. It would be nice if it could be hosted at lyx.org, but even that's
not a requirement. If you can't, I'll donate space for it at
mired.org.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html