Luis Rivera wrote:
>> There are a couple of vagaries:
>>
>> 1) Any compiler more recent than gcc-3.3.3 seems to screw me up. Even
>>    if I recompile xforms and qt-3.

> I compiled with xforms with gcc 3.4.4, and save for the error at
> supporting nls, it went on fine...
>
>> 2) The qt-3 build needs you to use a linker script in the final ld
>> phase.

> Is it because there is a missing -lresolv library, or something else?  My
> compiling chokes, right on trying to link the binary...
> ld cannot find -lresolv
> Perhaps I'm missing some other library from cygwin...

Looks like. However, that's a separate problem; you'll see that Kayvan's
script contains the magic:

QT_LD_SCRIPT=/home/kayvan/src/qt-3/mkspecs/cygwin-g++/i386pe.x-no-rdata

    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib  -Wl,--export-all-symbols \
             -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc \
             -Wl,--script,$QT_LD_SCRIPT" \

This is needed to actually launch the thing once you've managed to link it.
Some weirdness to do with initialization of .dlls.

--
Angus