Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
>> Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Uwe> is it possible to set the screen fonts and the zoom while LyX's
Uwe> configuration? We would then be independent from Qt's behaviour.
Uwe> Arial, Times New Roman, and Courier New are part of all Windows
Uwe> installations, so that this should work on all machines.

Angus> You mean output these values to the lyxrc.defaults file when
Angus> running the Windows installer? Sure. Go for it.

Paul> I'm not saying this would be a bad idea, but it would
Paul> not resolve the problem Johann and I encountered.
Paul> When I installed 1.3.7pre2, it correctly picked up the
Paul> screen font and zoom settings I'd been using in 1.3.7pre1
Paul> and 1.3.6 from my preferences file.  It just didn't apply
Paul> them to the dialogs.

It never has. It never will.

The appearance of the dialogs, menus, everything except the main LyX
screen is a system-wide thing that is controlled by qtconfig. None of
our business.

Anyway, as you say, this problem is orthogonal to the one where LyX
makes a bad guess of the screen fonts (again using info supplied to
it by Qt...)

--
Angus