Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Martin> Attached. It fixes the reported bug in a way that is logical
> Martin> and understandable, and makes tabular.C a little less messy.
>
> Martin> It may be true that lyx 1.4 cannot produce these crippled
> Martin> files, but still it's better of we can handle them.
>
> Besides the fact that now is not the best time to fix this bug, I do
> not understand why we would want to add code to LyX to avoid a bug
> that is not there anymore.
>
> Would it be possible to do this through lyx2lyx, or is the tabular
> syntax too difficult to catter for?

This is no task for lyx2lyx IMO. LyX should be so robust that invalid files
don't lead to broken display or other failures. IMO the best way to achieve
this is to check the structure of the table after reading it from file and
then rely on the correct structure.
This is what we are doing in mathed BTW.
I agree that this is not for now.

Georg