>> Can this go in? I have a good feeling about it.

Martin> Ping...

Oh, I thought it was already in. I think it can go in, but I have a
question first. Please pardon me if it has already be beaten to death,
I did not follow the various scrollbar-related threads...

It seems to me that in CoordCache we have metrics information for the
paragraphs in the current page (and the pages before/after). From
this, we should be able to compute the total height of these
paragraphs. If we divide this by the number of paragraphs in tis range
and multiply by the total number of paragraphs, aren't we guaranteed
to have the best possible (wrt the info we have) estimation of the
total document height? It seems also that there is no risk to have a
scrool bar that is too large...

So, why would this solution be wrong?