Dear Andre,

> In my opinion there is no need to delay a release due to troubles
> with some outdated platform.

The bugfix is important, some user cannot upgrade OS, due to a reason over
them.

> And there is no need for the core developers to spend time on that
> issue at all. If some Win95 wants to get around the issue he should
> fix it himself or upgrade his OS.

It seems like an MS manager saying... :(
"Buy new, install latest, ..." - Not everybody can afford it.

LyX is for everybody, not just for thoose who has the latest technology on
their desk.

Also I think most of us cannot fix bugs, but they can most report them.
Somtimes they do compile the source and try to find thoose silly bugs, but
to fix a huge knowledge required. I think thoose, who still run Win95
are in the user category. We have to respect them.

>> If I may give an opinion, I'd say to wait until the ugly Win95 path
>> issue/bug is fixed, so that you guys may claim to give widespread
>> support on the WinXX platform.

I agree with Luis! Maybe you will consider this.

--
 Alex                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]