Angus Leeming wrote:

This far, it's also running well on WinXP and Win2k, provided I
uninstall the previous version before installing the update.
Learning from others' experience ;-)

Uwe, are you reading this? I think you should aim to get the
WindowInstaller to die gracefully if it is required to overwrite an
existing version. At the moment it "appears" to work but actually
does nothing at all.

Hello Angus,

what do you mean with "die gracefully"? My current installer version,
the one from

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/lyxwininstall/

doesn't start if another LyX version is installed. (It also doesn't start when another installer instance is running at the same time.)

The current version 0.1 has only the problem that LyX's preferences subfolder in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data isn't deleted for all users when LyX is uninstalled. This could sometime cause troubles. I fixed this in the upcoming version 0.2 (hopefully available tomorrow).

regards Uwe

btw. you didn't tell me your opinion about the new installer