On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:51:58PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Martin> Jean-Marc,
>
> Martin> would you look at this? Are there any side effects to be
> Martin> expected? I think it is trivial. If so, can it go in?
>
> I did take a look at it. One problem I saw is that, when typing
> C-Enter at the end of a paragraph, the cursor goes down, but there is
> no new row created...

Actually there is a new row created, but it is very small in height (the
height of the newlineinset, in fact). Just type in characters and you will
see it go up to full height.

> Do you have a good understanding of what the code does? In particular,
> there was already code ensuring that lines are broken after newline
> insets. What is the interaction with your patch?

I think I do. The code that ensures that lines are broken after newline
is here:

    731                 if (par.isNewline(i)) {
    732                         point = i + 1;
    733                         break;
    734                 }

but for a newline at the end of a paragraph, it sets row.endpos to end,
i.e., par.size(). Which makes it drop out of the while loop in
redoParagraphs. Which is OK, but doesn't produce the *extra* row we need
here.

- Martin