--
David M Hunter
Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
Research Building, Rm SG-17
2075 Bayview Ave.
Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5
Tel: 416-480-6100 x3285

--- Begin Message ---
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

David> 1) tracking changes is essential for many potential users 2) a

David> new version for windows with tracking changes implemented would
David> help move many users here to lyx

This new version will be LyX 1.4.0. We cannot implement that in 1.3.x
because 1) this changes the file format and 2) the patch for 1.3.x is
really not as good as what we have for 1.4.0.

So you will have to wait a bit, sorry.

JMarc
Thanks/Merci Jean_Marc.

Since my email I have made progress in compiling under windows and it is in progress, it's taking hours on my silly windows laptop ... it's still compiling and linking Qt.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the new official version 1.4.
Approximately when will it be released?

Thanks for all the work!
I'm very excited about the tracking feature because it will help promote Lyx and indirectly promote Linux.

David Hunter

--
David M Hunter
Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre
Research Building, Rm SG-17
2075 Bayview Ave.
Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5
Tel: 416-480-6100 x3285