Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>    C:/WINDOWS/TEMPlyx_tempdir-425411a44659
>    C:/WINDOWS/Application Data/LyXlastfiles
>
> These "feel" like someone is making paths as
>    string my_path = foo + bar;
> where foo is expected to be "foo/bar/" but is, in fact, "foo/bar".

I think that's pretty much what I was trying to say in some other thread,
but at the time it seemed that the trouble was the inconsistency in path
construction: that's how you ended up adding a slash at the end of every
path...

> If that's the case, then you've discovered a bug; we should be creating
> such paths with these APIs:
>
> /// Add a filename to a path. Any path from filename is stripped first.
> string const AddName(string const & path, string const & fname);
>
> /// Append sub-directory(ies) to path in an intelligent way
> string const AddPath(string const & path, string const & path2);
>
> I'm sure it'll be easy enough to track down if you've got the energy

I think I have the energy; I am not sure to have the time: beginning
Friday, thanks to Christmas, I am taking a long needed vacation... I mean
A LONG VACATION!!! (I must finish writing a small book, putting LyX to work,
so to speak)...

If you have the patience to wait till mid January...

Luis.