On Dec 21, 2005, at 5:11 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Martin> Hmmm... do you still think I should give it a try for 1.4.0? I
Martin> expect it to require major reconstructive surgery, and still
Martin> not work reliably.

Let's see what Bennett's testing says. I suspect that your current
patch will be enough for now.

I've been spending a couple days writing my book on a version of lyx with this patch. For ordinary writing, the speed is fine on a relatively fast machine. (I haven't tested on my slow laptop, since that still has linux on it.) Large insets, of course, are slow, and that's something that should be fixed ultimately, but it's better to have that slow than to have it be unreliable. I haven't noticed any strange drawing issues. And the speed change in normal text is remarkable -- thanks, Martin (once again!).

I have noticed a few separate issues, which I assume are unrelated to the speed-up patch, so I'll post them in separate threads.

Bennett