Abdel> I have a question about the linking stage. Do you think that a
Abdel> compilation without debug (maybe using '-Os' instead of '-g
Abdel> -O') would reduce the processing time? If not, then I think I
Abdel> will stay selfishly with this exe. If yes, I could try to help
Abdel> the windows installer guys.

If linux is a good indication, configuring with --disable-debug will
speed up linking a lot.

To speed up LyX itself, use --disable-stdlib-debug (will be disabled
on release).

Abdel> So far it looks very good. The GUI is much nicer (nice picture
Abdel> :-)),

My living room :)

Abdel> 1) Lyx flicker when you move the cursor with a left click or
Abdel> when you select something with the mouse. This doesn't happen
Abdel> with lyx-1.3.7pre5

I guess the windows situation has some specificities, but the fact is
that 1.4.0cvs redraws much more than 1.3, and this causes problems.
The flickers are probably due to bad double-buffering in qt/win,
though.

Selecting is a bit slow. We have almost a patch in hand to fix the
slowness when typing.

Abdel> 3) Using a laptop, I always work with figure maximized. But
Abdel> when I minimize and then click on the task bar, lyx would
Abdel> maximize and immediately resize itself to what I think is the
Abdel> default window size.

I guess this is a qt/win bug. We do not do that.

Abdel> 6) I am not much a toolbar user but I think the icons for
Abdel> "insert figure float" and "insert graphics" should be
Abdel> different. Same for the table float.

How would you improve them?

Abdel> 7) I have read somewhere in the list that lyx-1.4.0 would be
Abdel> able to export to XML. I cannot find the option.

You should select a DocBook textclass for your document.

Thank for the comments.