Lars Gullik Bjønnes a écrit :
Abdel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > Then I'd suggest that you create a bug "Implement qt4 frontend", and
| > attach the diff to it.
| | Why not create a qt4 directory (same as xform or gtk) along qt2 in the
| cvs repository once 1.5cvs is opened? But I can certainly do what you
| suggest once I have something that can load a document without
| crashing.

The qt2 dir is misnamed as it is now, it is supposed to be called
"qt". After 1.4.0 is release we will switch to subversion for the
source repository, that will make dir renaming a bit easier.

When the actuall porting to qt4 begin is suspect that a lot of the
files in the (now) qt2 dir can stay as is. So the there might be some
separate implementations for qt4 perhaps a subdir, perhaps just single
files. We will see when that work is begun in ernest.
(But it will be located under "frontends/qt/"

Hum, I've read that qt3 was quite source compatible with qt2. This is not the case for qt4. The qt3to4 porting tool renames a lot of classes and variables to their Q3XXX equivalents in the Q3Support package. I have begun already to port to the real Qt4 classes that are IMO cleaner and more intuitive. I have not touched the ui files for now but I guess that it would be better to convert them to Qt4 format as well.

We can re-discuss this anyway when the time comes.

Abdel.