>> Finally, LyX-1.4.0-pre3 does not contain Martin's singlerow6.diff
>> patch necessary for decent typing speed on the Mac. I applied that
>> patch manually before posting a test version; should I do this for
>> the final version of 1.4.0? (I've lost track of where we stood on
>> this....)

Martin> That patch will require a lot of work still. It won't be in
Martin> 1.4.0. If users are happy with a version plagued by rendering
Martin> turds I suppose 1.4.1 would be doable.

I am not sure that Bennett is referring to this patch. The
singlerow/crc patch has been applied after 1.4.0pre3, and it should
make a difference.