On Jan 5, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:57 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Bennett" == Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Bennett> I'm not understanding here.

Bennett> 1.4.0pre3 works fine (and I did run autogen.sh); it's
Bennett> 1.4.0cvs that gives me the trouble. (And I did not manually
Bennett> run autogen.sh on it recently.)

Bennett> Reverting ltmain.sh to the version before 30-Dec-2005 enables
Bennett> me to configure and make without problems. Reverting
Bennett> ltmain.sh back to the current version, reconfiguring, and
Bennett> making (without running autogen.sh) now works as well.

So you mean that it works?

Yes ... for now. It's all voodoo and magic incantations to me.

... But no longer. (I'm not sure what explains why I was able to get it to seem to work once; maybe it was just apparent and not real.) To be more explicit, here's what I've now done:

cvs up -D 29-Dec-2005 config/ltmain.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure [... with my usual additions ...]
make

And that works fine. However:

touch src/lyx_main.C
cvs up -A config/ltmain.sh