On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 12:40:02PM +0100, Michael Gerz wrote:
> Martin Vermeer wrote:

> using qtwin on Windows, I cannot see any difference. The flickering
> still occurs even if I select text in a single row. (BTW: The best way
> to cause flickering is editing a short document that does not cover the
> full screen; you can see easily how the gray background at the bottom
> flickers).
>
> Another thing that astonishes me: Why do we have to do a full redraw if
> a single character is inserted/deleted? It shouldn't be necessary in
> most cases.

With an updated tree you shouldn't see _any_ full-screen update for
typing characters generally, except occasionally when you cause a
rebreak that changes paragraph height. Otherwise only the current
paragraph should refresh.

About the flickering, I don't know. You could verify with my earlier
published PAINTING debug patch, precisely which rows are getting
updated by the LyX painter.

Did the patch apply cleanly? That means you must have the singlepar
stuff in your local tree... strange.

- Martin