Georg> The ability to use image formats that LyX does not know is
Georg> really useful IMHO (of course this is only possible if our
Stephen> default Georg> converter can handle them, but imagemagick
Stephen> knows a lot of formats)

SH> I hope this is on topic and perhaps is just a feature which has
SH> not been implemented/removed yet, but perhaps it is worth
SH> mentioning. The converter options for WinLyX1.3.7 offer both New
SH> and Remove buttons, but WinLyX1.4.0pre3 compiled to produce only a
SH> Remove choice. I did see greyed out Add and Modify buttons.

You should select the From and To fields first. Then Add will be
enabled.