On Monday 30 January 2006 23:16, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> > > Would it  help if you had more of these reports? In that case, I would
> > > continue to start lyx preceded with the core dump pre-requisite
> > > commands.
> >
> > It might help. I tried to read the backtrace but I couldn't make much
> > sense out of it apart from what Martin already mentioned.
> > Did you compile with --enable-stdlib-debug ? That might give some
> > additional information (but will slow down LyX's performance
> > significantly).
>
> Another thing you could do is run lyx with -dbg action.
> BTW do you use preview-latex? Just a suspicion...
>
> Jürgen
Let me understand this correctly. Would you like me to do the preparatory work
for the core dump and then start lyx with the -dbg option after that?

No I dont use preview latex. I dont need to do any significant maths work in
my reports or grant proposals so I just use the plain lyx downloaded  in the
normal way with no add ons.

I was thinking of leaving the lyx on by itself all night and see what happens.
Nothing really should but one never knows?

please confirm the instructions for me?

regards

samar