Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> Georg Baum wrote:
>> Does it work if you put the lyx backend in the first position
>
> Yes, it works then.

Fine.

> Couldn't we do something like: "use the first backend available (as it is
> now), BUT if the "from" format is equal to any other backend, then use
> that"?

The problem is that we don't know "from" at that point :-(
I have implemented an experimental getShortestPath() method that could be
used instead of getPath() and the loop. The problem is that this might
influence other conversions, so it is too risky to do it now.
I think the safest solution right now is simply to make a special case for
the "lyx13" format. I'll send an updated patch this evening.

Georg