Abdelrazak Younes a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> Hello Jean-Marc, maybe this is the bottleneck I am looking
Abdelrazak> for. With my patch, undo/redo paragraph insertion is
Abdelrazak> instantaneous and I can see that ParagraphList::insert
Abdelrazak> and/or erase are called. Could you explain me why the
Abdelrazak> whole document after a deletion has to be created? Could
Abdelrazak> you point me to the code that do that?

As far as I understand, it is just vector::insert/erase who copy their
contents at each insertion/deletion. This means that each paragraph is
first cloned and then deleted. If it contains images, there have to be
redone.

OK, if it is just that, this problem is solved with my patch :-)

Abdelrazak> Again when pasting multiple paragraphs, my debug info
Abdelrazak> tells me that the multiple insertion are instantaneous but
Abdelrazak> I have to wait maybe 0.5 second to see them on the
Abdelrazak> screen...

Could it be updateCounters()? This scans the whole document. It is
probably possible to speed it up a bit.

I'll take a look thanks.

The consensus we had is that a very small delay when the user does an
action is OK.

For me, it is _very_ annoying to wait that much. Especially when you type lists or enumeration. But I agree that for standard layout it is not a big deal. In any case, maybe I am missing something but I cannot see any reason why this should be slower that copy and paste...

Oups sorry, please read: I cannot see any reason why this should be slower that Undo/Redo. Because Cut&Paste suffer the same symptoms...

Abdel.

Abdel