On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:58:43PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | > Right.
> |
> | We have quite a set of branches already... are they all actual anymore?
>
> No. (That was a rhetorical Q right?)

That's what I guessed.

> | Based on names, we see a mix of release branches, feature branches and
> | one personal-name branch ;-)
>
> On top level we should only have the active non-personal branches.
> Personal branches should be moved to 'personal'¹ some appropriate
> place. Obosolete branches shoudl be moved to 'obsolete'² (I don't
> want to delete them, they would be so hard to find later then.)

Perhaps. Do any of these contain stuff we still want to have a look at?
I certainly plan to have my new project branches with a limited lifetime
(and SVN never "really" deletes anything :-)

> One thing with subversion is that it is a lot easier to use branches,
> and they are not slow as in cvs. I will at least create 5-8 branches
> for myself. Stuff I work with, ideas, etc.
>
> I also want to do some reorganization with the tags.
>
> ¹ Or propose abetter name please.

No... "personal" is it. So I understand this is really a sandbox thing;
stuff intended to make it to the main tree should be in named
project/feature branches on top level?

- Martin