Em Sex 03 Mar 2006 05:28, Lars Gullik Bjønnes escreveu:
> João Luis Meloni Assirati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> | Em Qui 02 Mar 2006 05:22, Lars Gullik Bjønnes escreveu:
> | > This 'TexRow::' is actually a syntax error and will give warning/error
> | > with gcc 4.1.
> |
> | I don't get it. What is the problem?
>
> remove 'TexRow::' from the in-class method declaration.

Already done in the patch at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lyx-devel&m=114134320131118&w=2

> | > Note also that I plan to get rid of TexRow completely later, infavour
> | > of unique id's on paragraphs and offsets into the paragraph. Then we
> | > can have dvi files that can contain sourcespecials and we can send
> | > them around and expect the reverse search to work.
> |
> | Latex reports errors in terms of rows in the latex file. How then do you
> | plan to map rows into ids a and offsets in order to locate those errors?
>
> We insert the sourcespecials ourselfs, and it is what is set in those
> that latex reports.

Can you explain it better, please? Latex reports errors as this:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.24 asd asd \asd
                  asd asd asd asd asd

In this report, the error can be found in line 24. Now you propose to insert
our own source specials containing not latex line numbers, but paragraph ids
and offsets. Here we already have a problem, because xdvi can understand only
source specials of the forms

\special{src:24 test.tex} or \special{src:24test.tex}

that is, source specials containing a line number and a filename. We have to
pass to each mark two numbers, par id and offset. Note that dvi viewers tend
to be too smart, checking for the existence of the filename, so "test.tex"
must exist in the filesystem. Therefore, inserting a special like

\special{src:<par id>  <offset>,test.tex}

is not an option. The only way I see is to make the "line number" a hash, for
example reserving the first n bits to the paragraph ids and the remaining
bits to the offset.

But this still does not respond how to convert the latex line number where the
error occured to a pair (<par id>,  <offset>). Isn't a mapping
(<par id>,  <offset>) <-> texrow unavoidable?

Regards,
João.