Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
SH: I this packaging scheme adaptable?

Angus: I don't think that it's any better than the 'official' aspell 0.5 installer at http://aspell.net/win32/files/testing/dictgen/setup.iss.in

SH:  The dict files went to C:\Aspell\data

Angus: That's no longer the case for aspell 0.6. They go to C:\Aspell\lib\aspell-0.6 or somesuch.

SH: I think I found the source of my confusion, from the Aspell README for aspell6-en-6.0-0

"GNU Aspell 0.60 English Dictionary Package Version 6.0-0 2004-08-10 Original Word List By:Kevin Atkinson <kevina at gnu org>Copyright Terms: Copyrighted (see the file Copyright for the exact terms) Wordlist URL: http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/ Source Verson: 6 This word list is considered both complete and accurate. This is the English dictionary for Aspell. It requires Aspell version 0.60 or better."

I couldn't get this version of the dictionary to build because it
does require  "aspell6-en-6.0-0 or better" so then I tried,
aspell5-en-6.0-0, which has a five not a six after aspell.

This builds. But if you are not careful it will overwrite the
/dict directory for LyX137. Then you get a rws format error.
So I did get spellchecking to work using only using C:\Aspell
with the 137 files just under C:\Aspell and the en-6 dictionary
below .../lib/aspell-0.6 Spellchecking worked for an older version of LyX137, and the new versions, LyX137v3 and Lyx140v2.

It was not a tidy process. Spellchecking failed until I copied the
contents ~\aspell6\aspell-0.60.4\data (iso-8859-1.cset etc.) into
the folder, C:\Aspell\lib\aspell-0.6
I tried putting the /data contents in C:\Aspell\lib\data so that
the files would be available at the same level, but it didn't work.
I'll ask on the Aspell mailing list what the difference in functionality
is between using the Aspell.53 with the aspell(5)-6.0-0 dict and
using the aspell .6 exe with the -6.0-0 dict (besides no "affix" error).

All in all it is good news.

Regards,
Stephen