On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:50:52AM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> This is great yes and I am very happy about that :-)
> But, as a side note, I would like to point out that the controller
> framework seems overly complicated to me. I remember that while
> developing the Qt4 frontend I found myself spending more time trying to
> fit into the controller framework than doing the actual porting to Qt4.

That unfortunately tru. In fact, the controller layer was one of the
main obstacles for me to do anything GUI related at the time I had
time...

> Well, it's done now so need to simplify it. But I would have very much
> prefered a clean lyx core API that the frontend would use instead of
> delegating the intelligence to the controller.

I'd think a GUI {c,sh}ould talk directly to the LyX kernel (i.e. be its
own controler) if doing so is simpler than using the controler.

> That's just IMHO and it's Friday isn't it :-)

Yeah... no smilies on Fridays.

Andre'