Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Enrico Forestieri <forenr <at> ...> writes:
> > Angus, I am a C++ newbie
>
> Nooooo! Really? Wow! You don't come across as one!

Well, I am quite proficient in C, if that counts something ;-)

> > and don't even know if getline() is some sort
> > of standard function
>
> namespace std {
>     template<class Elem, class Tr, class Alloc>
>     basic_istream<Elem, Tr>&
>         getline(basic_istream<Elem, Tr>& istr,
>                 basic_string<Elem, Tr, Alloc>& str);
> }

;-)

At the time, I only had a glance at a 1993 edition of the Stroustroup
book (I still have it somewhere), and I think the word template doesn't
even appeared there ;-)
This is arabic as far as I am concerned (but I can guess at it ;-)).
However, my C++ semi-ignorance doesn't stop me from hacking C++ sources.
I only do what I know works for sure...
I am not a programmer but I know quite a slew of languages, even some
assembly. Recently I learned python, that enough for setting up a web
site to support a workshop I organized. I offered the possibility to
submit papers in LyX, using a custom layout, and even got 4 submissions
out of 31 (9 were in word and the remaining in LaTeX).

> > or a LyX support function ...
> > > +               // Also, move the line1.empty() test to the place
> > > +               // where you assign line1.
> >
> > Really not, if I want to avoid an endless loop
>
> :)
>
> > Attached the revised patch.
>
> Looks good to me. Since it fixes a crash, I'd get JMarc to shove it in the
> 1.4.x
> tree. That means you'll need to enlist the help of someone thorough to test
> it :)

Well, it is a so simple patch... Simply catenate two lines before
applying the already devised regexps to account for splitted file names...

Anyway, any volunteers?

--
Enrico