On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:10:39PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> We already have that on most files...
>
> Was part of the conversion process.
>
> So people, if this is what you want, please fire up your auto-props:
> (.subversion/config
>
> enable-auto-props = yes
> [auto-props]
> * = svn:eol-style native

Shit.

I do hope you know what you are doing.

All but two 'problems' we had with svn during the last year and a half
were due to people fiddling around with eol-style.

I did not just break checkouts from time to time (especially when people
had 'just text .doc files'...), it also increased user time significantly.

And one suddenly gets DOS line endings in .diffs or 100%-diffs just
listing line end changes.

This is a major pain and should not be used. It does not do any good.

So, I think I stated that about four times now, but somehow nobody seems
to be exceptionally interested.

So this is a last try: Waht the **** is wrong with Unix line endings
and a precommit hook enforcing this?

Andre'