Martin Vermeer a écrit :
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:21:16PM +0200, Martin Vermeer wrote:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:49:13PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Actually with your first patch, if you open a document, type Ctrl+end, then only half of of screen is redrawn :-) And if you open a new document (ctrl+n), the bottom part of the area is not drawn.
Same with the second patch. The reason is that the grey areas that are
correctly drawn in paintText, are never exposed. I know how to do it,
it's easy... have to run now.

Here is the fix for the end-of-document problem.

Thanks.

What I would really like to know is if this helps when using LyX over a
slow line, i.e., does "expose" really send a rectangle of pixels from
the application to the server display, i.e., were all the earlier
painting operations to a local canvas only?

I am not sure about qt2 but I am quite sure this is the case with qt4 yes especially with my last patch. But I have no way to test that under X11. From what I've read in Qt documentation, the combination of the two patches should help the Mac also.

Abdel.