Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes <at> ...> writes:
> > Enrico> my reading of it is that you need the three compilations only
> > Enrico> if you want an internationalized iconv program, i.e., if you
> > Enrico> want translated messages from iconv. I personally think that
> > Enrico> building libiconv with --disable-nls and then LyX with
> > Enrico> --with-included-gettext is sufficient. But I may be wrong
>
> > That seems very reasonable indeed.
>
> It may seem "reasonable", but that's what I did (apart from the
> --disable-nls
> bit) and, as I mention, I get garbage instead of Russian or Polish menus. Is
> the
> explicit --disable-nls important? Presumably not, since libiconv's configure
> will work out that it can't see a gettext.

Angus,

this is what I do:

$ cd libiconv-1.10
$ ./configure CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' CXX='g++ -mno-cygwin' CFLAGS='-O2' \
CXXFLAGS='-O2' --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-nls \
--prefix=C:/MinGW
$ make
$ make install

and then I configure LyX with --with-included-gettext. Works for me and
I don't get garbage. Please double check the other post where I was
talking about LYX_ABS_INSTALLED_LOCALEDIR, this one maybe the culprit.

--
Enrico