christian> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Bo Peng wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I am not sure if others will like this idea. When I edit a long
>> file, it may be troublesome to locate and continue from where I was
>> working on, after the file is re-opened. I would be happy if lyx
>> can automatically goes to the page at which lyx was closed.
>>
>> I can think of two ways to do this:
>>
>> 1. (More intrusive). Remember the location under .lyx and jump to
>> it when a lyx file is opened. I think this is what vim is doing.

christian> For good or worse, this also means that when working with
christian> someone else on the same file (that's sent back and forth,
christian> or under version control), you'll open it up where the
christian> other person left off...

Not if the data is saved in .lyx/ directory.

>> 2. (Less intrusive). Save bookmark with the lyx file. A user can
>> save bookmark, close the file, and go to the bookmark after the
>> file is re-opened.

christian> Maybe file a bugzilla report? Or if you're brave, discss
christian> which of the options would be best on the user's list :-)

I would not be surprised to see that this bug already exists.