I have unsubbed the amazon.com address.  Please let me know immediately if
the problem occurs again, and I will then block amazon.com from the LyX
lists.  At this point I am just not sure if some people could have an email
account at amazon.com.

The problem was--besides that amazon.com somehow got subscribed---that
amazon does not bounce to the address it supposed to (the enevelope sender
address) but to the address in the From: header.  If amazon.com bounced
properly, our list manager software, ezmlm, would have unsubbed it because
of bounced messages.

Mate