Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> There is a choice to do right now: either we try to get 1.4.1 out as
> soon as possible or we try to make it better. I am ready to make the
> bet that we can apply these three patches and that they will work well
> enough to be better than the current situation. But I need some advice
> first. If we decide to apply them and problems happen in testing, we
> will have to delay 1.4.1 until they are resolved.
>
> So Michael, Juergen, Marting, Georg, others, what do you think of
> these patches? I know It is not the first time I ask, but one never
> knows :)

I don't know much of the change tracking stuff, since I don't use it. I do
use the paragraph list since some days and did not discover problems so far
(although I did no real testing).
What about putting these patches in right now, get people to test them and
simply backing them out again if problems occur? If they are in they will
receive more testing than now.

> Also, what are the other bugs that we have to fix before 1.4.1? The
> one I can think about now is the adaptation of 1.3 layout files to
> 1.4. Others?

I agree the the layout stuff should go in, this causes real trouble. I'll
finish it tonight or tomorrow. I don't think we should wait for other
stuff, there is no real show stopper, and we have accumulated enough fixes
already.

Georg