> Can you please stop adding more and more features to the patch at
> every step I just have to begin review again... more comments more
> back and forth and then a new patch with new features and round and
> round we go...

I have certainly realized this problem and said 'this patch has grown bigger'...

But what am I supposed to do? Patches to unaccepted patch? If you
accept the basic patch quicker, I can send small patches to that one
each time. Also, it is perfectly fine for me if you prune the patch
yourself instead of waiting for my small changes.

> | +string const sec_lastfiles = "[recent files]";
> | +string const sec_lastfilepos = "[cursor positions]";
> | +string const sec_lastopened = "[last opened files]";
> | +string const sec_bookmarks = "[bookmarks]";
> | +string const sec_misc = "[misc info]";
>
> Please no misc section...
> (and you know how I feel about INI files...)

This section is used for frontend writers to save whatever information
they want to this session file. I can not think of a better way to do
this. Do you have any idea?

> |  void LyXFunc::closeBuffer()
> |  {
> | +     // save current cursor position
> | +     LyX::ref().session().saveFilePosition(owner->buffer()->fileName(),
> | +             boost::tie(view()->cursor().pit(), view()->cursor().pos()) );
>
> This looks wrong. boost::make_tuple should be used here.

I am new to boost::tie, but one of the documents I read says it is
equivalent to make_tuple in this use. As a matter of fact, make_tupe
is <A, B> and tie is <A&, B&> so tie is potentially more efficient.

> Please wait with misc info and window info storing.

Why? As you can see from others' posts, people like this feature!

Bo