On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 03:54:12PM +0100, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Helge Hafting wrote:
> > I have some ideas, several of which I will attempt to implement myself
> > if there is acceptance.
>
> Cool. Welcome on board.
>
> > * \dotfill and \hrulefill in addition to existing \hfill
> >   I use the former a lot for documents where you "sign on the dotted line"
> >   I plan on starting with this easy one.
>
> It would be the best to implement a "horizontal spaces" dialog, where you can
> select the above and \hspace{<some length>} as well as the already defined
> spaces in insetspace.
>
> The vspace dialog might serve as a prototype.

It's a both more complicated and simpler than that... I would say, study
first how rowpainter handles the painting of hfills.

Then, perhaps you should introduce "hfill kinds" in the form of an
enum, and modify the isHfill method in paragraph to return this kind, or
zero if not an hfill ("getHfillKind").

A dialog might be nice, but a good start would be menu entries for all
space _and_ hfill kinds. (Look inside insetspace.h to see what I mean
by kinds)

(BTW would it be a good idea to have tear-off menus? I find them
sometimes handy.)

- Martin