On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 06:10:50PM -0600, Bo Peng wrote:
> > I do realize that width/height falls a bit in both categories.
>
> 1. Which way is easier save window size? Go to a dialog  to set value
> or do nothing?

No dialog. Take the current window size and save it when the save button
is pressed.

> 2. If both features are used. lyxrc.windowSize will be used only once.
> I.e., when no session info exists yet.
> 3. All applications I have seen use the session approach. Can you
> think of even one that has a dialog to set initial window size?
> 4. Even from an implementation point of view, I do not like the idea
> of a bunch of rc entries.

Yet, I must agree with Lars here. Window size is a "save once" thing.
Once you have found the right size, it is wrong to save it every time
again when you exit LyX. This is different with, e.g., position in the
file, which will be different each time you leave LyX. There it is
essential to have a "fresh" value saved.

- Martin