"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > I would like to advice you to ask for svn RW access to
| > Lars. I wouldn't like you to be frustrated by people not
| > having enough time to review your (big and frequent)
| > patches.
|
| I admit that I have been a little frustrated. I think, to be fairer to
| the time I spent, Lars would better apply my patches to the 1.5.x tree
| if he does not have enough time to test them thoroughly and have no
| substantial reason to reject (rather than "I do not like .ini
| format"). In this way, people can test the patches and I can submit
| subsequent patches accordingly.

It is not the .ini format that is holding anything up.

If at anything it is my workload during the week, usually during
weekends I have some more time to spare.

But also the windows size storing stuff put me a bit off and I am a
lot more unsure if that is the right approach at all. (I think it is
in combination with the (reworked) other lyxrc patch).

We must be a bit careful to discuss new componenets so that we do not
paint ourselves into any corners. Allowing "strange patches" into the
code just because it does not break anyting would/will create
maintenance hell.

| I would love to have svn RW access and I will take my greatest caution
| not to abuse this privilege. However, at least at this stage, I am
| only interested in fixing bugs that have bothered *me*, since I have
| found it easier to implement the features myself, rather than writing
| lengthy emails in the mailing list.

Fixing bugs that have bothered *you* is quite ok and welcomed. _but_
all of us must expect our patches to be scrutinized and demanded
rewritten before inclusion. I'd rather use a week or two at getting
a patch palatable, than spending half a year (or more) with the stench
of it fouling the code. (Note that is paragrpah has nothing to do with
your current patches, but is more my (often critizised approach at new
things))

--
        Lgb