> Setting it in the installer is a kludge. The correct place to set this thing
> is
> in the configure script so that it can be updated as you install software. We
> couldn't do that before now because shell scripts have "limited" support for
> interogation of the registry ;-)

This is part of the reason why we switch from configure.m4 to
configure.py, and I have a FIXME label in checkProg() to check
registry rather than PATH under windows. With the win32 package of
python, registry checking is easy. As long as we agree upon what to
do, I can implement it in configure.py soon.

Question: Do we need to set the following in lyxrc.default during
configure.py under windows?

\pdf_viewer 'c:\program files\acrobat\reader\7.0\bin\acroread32.exe'
\gs_viewer 'c:\whatever'

Bo