Enrico> Ok, let's take a more pragmatic approach. I am going to post a
Enrico> patch #1 which simply solves the two problems above. I would
Enrico> like them fixed in 1.4.1 such that the binary I'll made
Enrico> available will not be different from that which can be built
Enrico> from the official sources. Notice that I have already
Enrico> incorporated the fix to bug 2344 in 1.4.0, which otherwise
Enrico> would be unusable.

Enrico> Then I am going to separate the checkbox from the cygwin_fix
Enrico> setting. This is going to be patch #2.

Looks good.