On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 07:45:39PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Enrico Forestieri a écrit :

> >> [...]
> >> Ok, thanks for the clarification. IMHO C:/xxx is the way to go for both
> >> versions then, no need to make special case for cygwin in .lyx and .tex
> >> files. But I guess you have already reached that conclusion. IMHO, this
> >> should be the same for internal format because non-cygwin compilers
> >> don't understand /c/xxx either.
> >
> > No, .lyx and .tex files should be treated differently. I agree
> > that paths going to .lyx files should be in the C:/xxx syntax,
> > but paths for .tex files have to be in either format depending on
> > the TeX engine used.
>
> I guess this is because cygwin tetex cannot understand c:/xxx style.
> Sorry if I made you repeat something, your exchange with Georg was
> pretty long and I hadn't the courage to read it all. IMHO if cygwin
> tetex is not able to read c:/xxx style, this is a tetex bug.

Perhaps. I think that a check for an absolute path is done in
order to prepend the current dir to it. So, even if the current
dir is "./" the resulting path would turn out "./c:/xxx", hence
the error.

So, rather than a tetex bug I would say that it is an uncareful
port of tetex. After all, cygwin let's you go the normal route
configure->make->make install, and you could not care about
porting at all.

--
Enrico