Abdelrazak> I think yes. The ParagraphLists should be independent,
Abdelrazak> there is absolutely no reason to use a ParIterator here. I
Abdelrazak> would like to go even further.

What do you mean?

Abdelrazak> Indeed, I don't like at all the way the enumerate
Abdelrazak> environment inside an inset inherits the one of the mother
Abdelrazak> inset. My patch is a first step toward true independence.
Abdelrazak> But I really like to know the opinion of other so that I
Abdelrazak> do not waste my time.

I need more info :)

Abdelrazak> Come on, it is much more legible. The fact that a code is
Abdelrazak> working is not a reason for stopping any change to it.

Of course, but be very very careful with this code. It has been very
painful to get right, and I am not going to do it again. If you find a
clever shortcut, check 42 times whether it is really correct ;)

>> About correcting the for loop test, I'm pretty sure it is a simple
>> mistake. You should commit this if Jean-Marc agrees.

Abdelrazak> Let's wait then.

As I said it is not a mistake, but I agree it is somewhat tasteless.
If you want to get rid of that you might as well get rid of the
operator() in DocIterator.

Abdelrazak> Indeed. There are a lot of code in LyX but I have the
Abdelrazak> feeling that the maintainers just want to stay with that.

Not really. For example, at the time where I changed the numbering
code, we were already (!) in freeze, so I tried to do minimal changes.
After all, the fixes where needed in part because of the latest round
of great cleanup.

Abdelrazak> I am not interested to fix that code by using the same
Abdelrazak> style. But I would be interested in reorganizing it using
Abdelrazak> OO. In ten years maybe.

Hmmm, OO somehow means encapsulation, right? So why do you absolutely
want to expose the paragraphlist/index structure instead of
encapsulating it into an iterator?

Something I forgot in my previous message is that, when you pass a
dociterator to a function, you pass a lot of info, especially a
buffer. This is very nice information for some methods where we
currently jump through hoops to get to this information. Personally, I
think at interface level it is better to pass a full iterator that a
vector/index pair.