Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> If buildir is not at the same level as srcdir then it won't work. i.e.
> the icons won't show in the math panel. As I said in a previous mail
> this is just an interim fix (for srcdir and posix install) until we
> manage to extract the path from some rc.

Have a look at LibFileSearch() in src/support/filetools.h:

/** Returns the path of a library data file.
    Search the file name.ext in the subdirectory dir of
      -# user_lyxdir
      -# build_lyxdir (if not empty)
      -# system_lyxdir
    The third parameter `ext' is optional.
*/
std::string const LibFileSearch(std::string const & dir, std::string const &
name, std::string const & ext = std::string());

I think that it does exactly what you want, no need to invent new rc
settings. And please fix this soon, "interim" hacks tend to stay forever.

Georg