Martin> About repaintAll, the row painter rp is not created yet in
Martin> some places where I need it. Do you see a way around that?
>>  But you always have a PainterInfo object.

Martin> True. How would you do it?

Well, I would add the bool members I need in metricsinfo.h (there is
already some specialized stuff in PainterInfo anyway) and change every
place where I query/change Wide to look in there instead. And then do
the same with repaintAll :)

It seems doable to me seeing the patch (the pi is always there), but
of course I do not see the big picture well enough to understand where
it could break.

Martin> Yes, I'm sure it is. I suppose the idea is rather to add this
Martin> capability to math. At least for text-in-math, which as we all
Martin> know is not in good shape.

Until it is done, the method should go away.