> One problem though, I notice that when the cursor (|) is at the end of
> an inset [abc|], delete key will move the cursor out of the inset
> |[abc]. This is a bit strange to me so I would like to ask if this is
> the desired behavior. Maybe we should let it work like backspace in
> this case?

A related question: does it make sense to set more default behaviors
for del/backspace? Backspace/del do nothing in many cases, such as del
in an empty cell when the whole row can not be erased. Although there
are good reason for that, I feel that a *smoother* user experience
would be achieved if they do 'the next best thing'. For example:

0. bug 686:  del [|] remoes the whole inset, implemented
1. del at   [abc|]  work as backspace (instead of doing nothing)
2. backspace/del at   [ [a] [|] [ ] ] moves to the end of first cell
3. del at   [ [|] [] [] ] turns to [|]

There are many such examples like these. My point is, there would
better be some response if a user press a key. As long as we decide
what to do, the implementation does not look difficult. (cursor.C
erase(), backspace() ).

Cheers,
Bo