Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 05:33:35PM -0400, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I wonder if this is a matter of how you filled in the preferences dialog. What works for me is this:

1.  Install Enrico's lp.exe binary in the LyX bin directory.

2. In Tools->Preferences...->Outputs->Printer, set the printer name to 'lp' and leave the printer command 'dvips'.

This should not be necessary. It should work simply reconfiguring LyX.
I mean, you should have to touch nothing in preferences.

Well, I'm confused (as usual). When I first installed your lp.exe, I reconfigured LyX, but printing did not work until I specified LP as the printer name. Yesterday I restarted LyX, and the printer name was again blank (I had apparently not saved my change). Printing did not work until I entered LP as the printer name (and saved it). So just now I started LyX, removed the printer name, saved, restarted, reconfigured, restarted (printer name still blank), and now printing works with the printer name blank.

I can see where the configure script looks for lp.exe, and I can see it in the "local" copy of lyxrc.defaults. No idea why it didn't work before (other than to blame it on Windows, of course).

/Paul