Martin Vermeer wrote:

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 10:28:51PM -0500, Garst R. Reese wrote:
Martin Vermeer wrote:
I don't agree. You're right in that the only place where a
_correspondence_ is defined between the old numerical parameters and the
new character ones is, precisely, lyx2lyx. And this correspondence
should be _semantically correct_, i.e. 0123 -> ctbs. (Right? You have
1.3.7 installed, so you can verify that truly 0 = center, 1 = top.)
Yes, but why does src/insets/insetminipage.h have

    33         enum InnerPosition {
    34                 inner_center,
    35                 inner_top,
    36                 inner_bottom,
    37                 inner_stretch
instead of
    33         enum InnerPosition {
    34                 inner_top,
    35                 inner_center,
    36                 inner_bottom,
    37                 inner_stretch
?

If this order is changed and lyx_1_4.py is changed to match than 1.3.7 still works.

The only "bug" I see is the inconsistent default conventions: the old
one height = 0, inner_position = 0, and the new one height = "1pt"
(meaning, 1\totalheight) and inner_pos = 't'. The error (the ONLY error
IMHO) is translating the old default to "1pt", 'c', rather than "1pt",
't'. Which my patch corrects in a minimal way. Think what your proposed
remedy would do to a minipage with a manually set height, if the
inner_pos semantics is wrong.

- Martin

Thanks for the pointers. After looking at the relevant files in 1.4.1, and the insetminipage files in 1.3.7, I think that both patches to 1.4.1 should be applied. I tried this and did not have a problem with it. You, of course, know much better than I and I thank you for sharing.

Garst