Bo Peng a écrit :
No it tells the user "please browse you hard disk to find a suitable
application". And it forgets to add "good luck". I do not see how
someone is going to think about installing gsview.

Windows users may be incompetent, but not stupid. "No viewer found" is
a *common* behavior whenever someone double clicks a file without a
proper viewer. Any windows user knows that s/he needs a proper viewer
to continue.

I second that. You should really listen to us, we poor Windows users...

In particular, your nothing there, install a program, re-configure, a
menu item appear is quite *alien* to windows users.

I'll go as far as saying that this is Bad Ui design for any platform... I am not a Ui expert though so this only IMHO ;-) Honestly, I understand that some menu items need to be hidden and context driven but this is not the case here. If you are really against unuseful menu items you can always sanitize the menu rc by hand. Or we could just add a button that will just do that: "Sanitize Menu" ;-)

Abdel.